- Evolutionary biology of honey bees
- Pollination ecology
- Population genetics of honey bees in the Unites States
- Genetic characterization of unmanaged honey bee populations
- savethehives.com Feral Bee Project
- theantherspromise.com online library of bee-collected and flower-produced pollen
- Entomological Society of America
- International Union for the Study of Social Insects (IUSSI)
- Mid-Atlantic Apiculture Research and Extension Consortium (MAAREC)
Graduate Students Ongoing Projects
- Menz, John. In progress. Removing Obstacles to Genetic Host Resistance in the US Beekeeping Industry. Expected 2019.
- Evans, Kathleen. In progress. An integrated IPM Program Using Non-chemical Controls to Manage Parasites in Honey Bee Colonies. M.S. in Entomology. Expected 2014.
- Gardner, David. In progress. Assessment of Native Pollinator Health and Diversity in Urban Forest Fragments. M.S. in Entomology. Expected 2014
- Cass, Owen. In progress. Determining the ecological role of flowering plants as nutritional forage for pollinators: You are what you eat! M.S. in Entomology. Expected 2014
Undergraduate Students Ongoing Projects
- Stoltz, Christian Utilizing Digital Scale Technology to Track Hive Productivity and Health